1. Definition By fiction, I mean: literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people. (Google) 2. Introduce Yourself! I understand we...
By fiction, I mean:
literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people. (Google)
2. Introduce Yourself!
I understand we have at least one professional writer in the house (I cannot remember your username, sorry!), and several aspirant writers.
Every once in awhile, I get the urge to suggest some collaborative threads exercises, but it's hard to gauge interest without a better notion of how many fiction writers we have.
With that in mind, I make this call for introductions!
Please try to include:
- Have you ever made money writing fiction?
- First writing language(s): Examples: English, Portuguese, German, etc
- Other writing languages(s): same as above. English is implied.
- Formats* : Examples: Short story, Romance, Play, Screenplay, etc
- Genres*: Examples: horror, science-fiction, fantasy, etc.
- Main themes*: Examples: relationships, violence, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Link to Writing Sample(s) on Tildes or Ghostbin (either as
- What do you expect to achieve with your writing (anything, either subjective or objective)?
- Apart from ~creative, where do you go for feedback?
- Are you looking for collaborations of any kind? Yes or No.
 The purpose of this question is not to assess the quality of your writing, but rather the position writing occupies in your life. Is this something you do in your free time, or does it have a central role among your other activities? I do not pretend to know how and why everyone writes, this is just a starter. Feel free to share as much as you want.
 For example: self-expression, philosophical investigation, external appreciation (nothing wrong with that), financial rewards, political or societal change, any combination of those.
* In order of importance