I like threads with constraints (the four words poetry challenge was a neat one), so here's another one!
- Top-level comments: Post a [band/artist/album/song] and nothing else.
- Replies: "If you like [band/artist/album/song], you might also like [different band/artist/album/song]." Replies to replies take the parent comment's recommendation and use it as the prompt for a new recommendation.
- If you'd like, hyperlink a song to help introduce the recommendee to the artist/album.
- Don't add anything extra! Treat it like a blind date with new tunes. Plus, I'm going to make a follow-up thread (if this takes off) where we can do a retrospective and talk about any new music we've discovered from the recommendations.
- Bonus points if your recommendation is in a different genre. That way, we might get a "telephone game"-like effect where we start off with a heavy metal band and end up with a synth pop band 5 comments deep.