after a month sabbatical, we're back. this is pretty straightforward, i think: vent your experiences or things you need to get off your chest/share whatever you've found helps you mentally/etc.
resources that might also be of some benefit to people:
- there is, as always, the invaluable list of country hotlines maintained by /r/SuicideWatch
- https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ ("an online source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems")
- https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/ (probably one of the best resources for finding a therapist)
- https://psychiatrists.psychologytoday.com/rms (ditto, with finding a psychiatrist)
- https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/index.shtml (covers some of the major mental disorders, their symptoms and treatments, and general topics like that)
- https://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for (what symptoms to look for for major mental disorders)
- https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/ (US specific, but also covers ways you can help yourself and a bunch of ways to seek treatment or support)
- there's also some stuff over at /r/SWResources that might be worth checking out which is consistently updated.
and here is the june thread if you'd like to reference/update us on something you mentioned there.