I don’t like my name, and I never really have. It has nothing to do with ‘tomf’.
My main questions are:
- How did you go about choosing the new name?
- How did you manage/roll out the new name?
- What unforeseen challenges came up?
My main concern is that I’ll settle on a ‘cool’ sounding name and that people will think it’s weird. While I want something normal, I do have some parameters:
- The name should be free for the .com and major social media
- I don’t want a main ‘S’ sound, since I don’t like how I say it.
- I am hoping to have something simple to use over the phone. I use ‘Tom’ for Starbucks and reservations because it’s clear, short, and not me.
Anyway, has anybody done this? Any feedback is great, but I am more focused on changing my first name.
Pardon the crappy tags.