I have been looking for some software where I can brain dump all the things I need to remember on a constant basis so I can easily find it again in the future. A personal wiki basically. I am wondering what any of you tilderians are using?
The things I am looking for:
- Open Source: I want to be in control of the data myself, and I want to be able to hack on it myself as the need arises.
- Self Hostable: Goes hand-in-hand with with open sourceness, I want the data to live on the server in my apartment, under my own control.
- An API of some sort so I can programmatically add/read/modify data.
Nice to haves:
- Revision history of some sort.
- Common/simple data format for easy backup and longevity.
- Web interface, with mobile compatibility.
- Lightweight as possible, so I can run it on a low powered server.
Does anything know anything like that?
Options I have heard of: