Right after making this post, I'm going to update the DNS records to point tildes.net to this server, so everyone should start trickling in as those updates go through.
The switch and upgrades all seem to have gone fairly well, though there were definitely a few issues here and there that I had to work through. I'm glad I decided to do a longer downtime instead of needing to rush through figuring some of it out.
A summary of what's changed so far:
- Running on a different physical server (but in the same datacenter)
- Operating system is now Debian 10 instead of Ubuntu 16.04
- Python version is now 3.9 instead of 3.8 (and updated a couple libraries that needed it)
- PostgreSQL version is now 13 instead of 12
- Redis version is now 6 instead of 5
- Everything was deployed and configured using Ansible instead of SaltStack
There are still a few more changes and updates I want to make soon, but I can just do them normally while the site is running. I'll also update the open-source code soon, once I finalize a few pieces and finish cleaning things up.
Please let me know if you notice anything that seems to be behaving strangely, it's definitely possible that there are some things broken in subtle (or not-subtle) ways.