little_bowser's recent activity

  1. Comment on The "Disney Vault" is open - Disney’s new streaming service will include "the entire Disney motion picture library" in ~movies

    little_bowser Link
    honestly depends on the price point for the service. If it's $10 a month I'd totally get it. If it's $15-20 I'd have a long think. Maybe get in on occasion when I'm feeling a Disney movie itch. If...

    honestly depends on the price point for the service. If it's $10 a month I'd totally get it. If it's $15-20 I'd have a long think. Maybe get in on occasion when I'm feeling a Disney movie itch. If it's $20-40 that will be a hard pass for me.

    5 votes
  2. Comment on Reddit Rules and the Banning of Certain Anime Communities in ~anime

    little_bowser Link Parent
    For context the character in /u/Randomacts image is 16 years old. She is the titular character of the anime Kaguya-sama: Love Is War which is a rom com that is currently airing.

    For context the character in /u/Randomacts image is 16 years old. She is the titular character of the anime Kaguya-sama: Love Is War which is a rom com that is currently airing.

    4 votes
  3. Comment on Reddit Rules and the Banning of Certain Anime Communities in ~anime

    little_bowser Link
    See the link I posted. From the post: Discuss.

    See the link I posted. From the post:

    There's been a recent change in the rules and how they're enforced by the Reddit admins, the gist being Reddit prohibits any sexual or suggestive content involving minors or someone who appears to be a minor. and including fantasy content (e.g. stories, “loli”/anime cartoons). It goes on to say, this can in some cases include depictions of minors that are fully clothed and not engaged in overtly sexual acts.

    Discuss.

  4. Comment on Nintendo Direct - February 13, 2019 in ~games

    little_bowser Link Parent
    I have fond memories of the Wii U but I'm so glad the Switch came out to replace it. Everything about the switch is everything I wished the Wii U was.

    I have fond memories of the Wii U but I'm so glad the Switch came out to replace it. Everything about the switch is everything I wished the Wii U was.

    3 votes
  5. Comment on What are you planning to read this year? in ~books

    little_bowser Link Parent
    Like imp said, finish Worm! The ending arcs are crazy fun and wrap up to story nicely. I also agree with imp on Ward. It's a very different story which I believe to be the right move but at the...

    Like imp said, finish Worm! The ending arcs are crazy fun and wrap up to story nicely. I also agree with imp on Ward. It's a very different story which I believe to be the right move but at the same time disappoints me...

    We seem to have relatively similar taste. Have you tried reading The Emperors Blades, The Lies of Locke Lamora, or Assasin's Apprentice? They're all pretty fun reads, especially the Lies of Lock Lamora.

    I'll have to check those books out! I've been jonesing for a new series to read! Knowing the Stormlight Archives are not close to being finished is what is really putting me off on not reading them... Thanks!

  6. Comment on Any D&D players on here? in ~games

    little_bowser Link
    I DM a group of 5 players in a Homebrewed world. It's been fun 90% of the time and the other 10% is scrambling to flesh out a world and creating an intriguing story. Of course my group is split...

    I DM a group of 5 players in a Homebrewed world. It's been fun 90% of the time and the other 10% is scrambling to flesh out a world and creating an intriguing story. Of course my group is split betweening wanting to free roam and playing a railroady type game, so it's on me to find a balance. It can be stressful DMing but overall it's rewarding to see my players strategize against a situation I've created.

    1 vote
  7. Comment on What are you planning to read this year? in ~books

    little_bowser Link
    So I've been redding the web novel Worm and Ward (Worm 2.0) by wildbow. It's an amazing read and Worm 1.0 is a journey I enjoyed taking. If you enjoy the super hero genre, it's a must read. Now,...

    So I've been redding the web novel Worm and Ward (Worm 2.0) by wildbow. It's an amazing read and Worm 1.0 is a journey I enjoyed taking. If you enjoy the super hero genre, it's a must read. Now, Ward started early 2018 and I'm struggling to obsess over it like the original so I guess I plan on trying to finish it before the end of the year. It doesn't follow the protagonist but a side character from the original series. Maybe I'm just not far enough into it! Anyways, if you are into week serializations and discussion on the chapters I highly recommend checking it out! Worm

    As far as actual novels, I plan on doing either a re-read of Wheel of Time or start on Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives. I finished the first book when it came out in 2010 but it's basically like I haven't read it. Other than that, I don't have any plans unless others have suggestions?

    5 votes