This is not so much an
ask thread as it is a
task one. The idea is simple: for any/all of the categories below, identify music from your library or experiences that fits the bill, and explain a bit about why.
You can choose any from the list, or do all if you like, but please do NOT just list items with no explanation! Your thoughts are the exciting parts of this exercise, not just the music itself, so please share!
For the purposes of this inventory, "music" can refer to a specific lyric, a song, an album, an artist, or even a concert or event -- really anything that you think fits the bill. If you want to go into multiples per category, that's fine too -- just remember to explain them!
Tell me about music that:
- Is an instant mood lift
- Is emotionally devastating
- You've cried to
- Reminds you of someone you love
- Reminds you of someone you used to love
- Brings you back to a specific memorable moment/time in your life
- Helps you relax
- Amps you up
- Makes you feel safe
- Could put you to sleep (in a good way)
- Makes you feel like you're on an adventure
- Reminds you that there is beauty in this world
- Impresses you
- Makes you smile
- Makes you laugh
You don't have to do all of them -- only the ones you feel strongly about or that have interesting stories behind them. Also, feel free to add on new categories in the comments that people can also respond to.