I can mention many movies that influenced me in major ways.
- Stand By Me made me realize the importance of friendship
- High Fidelity helped me understand romance is not entirely about passion. It's also about respect, love, and care. There's value in something that's simply "good", and "good" is not something to brush off.
- Goonies and Godfather showed that, when shit hits the fan, family is everything.
- Manhattan taught me love is nothing without courage
- A Bronx Tale taught me that our parent figures can be imperfect and even downright criminal, but this doesn't mean they don't love us.
Ant the list goes on...