I do the following:
- Use a VPN (NordVPN)
- Use Firefox with a tweaked about:config and the following security extensions:
- uBlock Origin
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Privacy Badger
- Cookie Autodelete
- Skip Redirect
- Run Linux Mint (I know, Ubuntu-based distros aren't ideal but I'm a Linux beginner)
- Don't have any social media as of a year ago
- Don't use any Google services, including YouTube, Google Search, or Gmail
- Use a password manager (KeePassXC)
The next step would be for me to switch from iPhone to Android running Lineage OS, but money is a bit tight right now. As for day-to-day lifestyle choices, I try to use cash whenever possible and never sign up for things like store rewards programs.
What's your setup? Do you consider yourself a privacy-minded individual? Are you more concerned with protecting yourself from corporate or government entities?