Not submitting a link. Last thing that scumbag needs is web traffic.
But...let's suppose every one of this items actually came to pass in a reasonable form. There is some stuff there even I would legitimately want. So let's see the good/bad of Trump's lies, and discuss.
I'm bolding things that are (IMHO) obviously very, very bad. Italicizing ones that might be good, but are likely just lies. Striking out anything that is blatant pandering that the president has 0 ability to act on.
The purpose of this mental exercise is to see how people who don't keep up with politics might fall for the rhetoric. Know your enemy and all of that.
Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months Create 1 Million New Small Businesses
- Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America
- Enact Fair Trade Deals that Protect American Jobs
- "Made in America" Tax Credits
- I like the idea of trying to locally source stuff. Tax Credits are not how to do it.
- Expand Opportunity Zones
- Eh, sounds good on paper...but will likely just be another loophole.
- Continue Deregulatory Agenda for Energy Independence
Develop a Vaccine by The End Of 2020 Return to Normal in 2021
- Maybe if we actually did what we needed to do. I don't have my hopes up.
- Make All Critical Medicines and Supplies for Healthcare Workers in The United States
- Refill Stockpiles and Prepare for Future Pandemics
- Yay for fixing your fuck-up way too late?
END OUR RELIANCE ON CHINA
Bring Back 1 Million Manufacturing Jobs from China
- Tax Credits for Companies that Bring Back Jobs from China
- Allow 100% Expensing Deductions for Essential Industries like Pharmaceuticals and Robotics who Bring Back their Manufacturing to the United States
- No Federal Contracts for Companies who Outsource to China
- Outsourcing bad. But China isn't the only place.
- Hold China Fully Accountable for Allowing the Virus to Spread around the World
- God. Damn. It. I have no words.
- Cut Prescription Drug Prices
- Put Patients and Doctors Back in Charge of our Healthcare System
- Lower Healthcare Insurance Premiums
- End Surprise Billing
- Cover All Pre-Existing Conditions
- Wait, didn't ACA do that?
- Protect Social Security and Medicare
- They obviously mean by increasing age to collect, privatizing, and actually trying to dismantle it. But you know...would be good if they did the opposite of what they've tried to do the last 2+ decades.
- Protect Our Veterans and Provide World-Class Healthcare and Services
- How about for everybody else too?
- Provide School Choice to Every Child in America
- Yea, let's do away with church/state separation and also enable crippling debt from kindergarten. /s
- Teach American Exceptionalism
- I have no words. This is basically the worst thing ever.
DRAIN THE SWAMP
- Pass Congressional Term Limits
- End Bureaucratic Government Bullying of U.S. Citizens and Small Businesses
- Nice soundbite...but 'End Bureaucratic Government' is code for "Let's stop regulating to prevent discrimination and other things that are generally good ideas"
- Expose Washington’s Money Trail and Delegate Powers Back to People and States
- Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens
- Yea...cause the USA is the bastion of all that is good and does no wrong /s
DEFEND OUR POLICE
- Fully Fund and Hire More Police and Law Enforcement Officers
- Increase Criminal Penalties for Assaults on Law Enforcement Officers
- Prosecute Drive-By Shootings as Acts of Domestic Terrorism
- Bring Violent Extremist Groups Like ANTIFA to Justice
- Somehow I think the actual Nazis won't be targeted by this.
- End Cashless Bail and Keep Dangerous Criminals Locked Up until Trial
- End monetary Bail. Anything else: bad.
END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS
- Block Illegal Immigrants from Becoming Eligible for Taxpayer-Funded Welfare, Healthcare, and Free College Tuition
- Mandatory Deportation for Non-Citizen Gang Members
- Dismantle Human Trafficking Networks
- End Sanctuary Cities to Restore our Neighborhoods and Protect our Families
- I can't bold this one hard enough
- Prohibit American Companies from Replacing United States Citizens with Lower-Cost Foreign Workers
- Nice soundbite, but give Unions power again and those kinds of problems will resolve themselves.
- Require New Immigrants to Be Able to Support Themselves Financially
INNOVATE FOR THE FUTURE
- Launch Space Force, Establish Permanent Manned Presence on The Moon and Send the First Manned Mission to Mars
- Build the World’s Greatest Infrastructure System
- Win the Race to 5G and Establish a National High-Speed Wireless Internet Network
- Not sure who you're 'winning' against, but whatever.
- Continue to Lead the World in Access to the Cleanest Drinking Water and Cleanest Air
- Um....yea.... how about everybody gets those things?
- Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans
AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY
- Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
- Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
- Maintain and Expand America’s Unrivaled Military Strength
- Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans
- That sounds a lot like 'Continue with Endless Wars'
- Build a Great Cybersecurity Defense System and Missile Defense System
- Maybe, just maybe, if we stopped bombing everybody else this wouldn't be needed.
Sorry, couldn't resist adding my additional commentary. So yea, looking over it again...very, very bad. But enough gems in there that the uninformed that only hears about those might fall for it.