Talk about anything you have "automated" in your life. No restrictions on the tools or things to automate. You have a simple "silence your phone at work" thing? Great job! Do you have a complex...
Talk about anything you have "automated" in your life. No restrictions on the tools or things to automate. You have a simple "silence your phone at work" thing? Great job! Do you have a complex thing with hundreds of lines of custom code? Wonderful! All are welcome!
I myself have automated a bit of stuff, and am constantly looking for more (that's why this thread exists):
- My room will turn on the lights when it detects the brightness inside is going down, but will slowly do it relative to the current brightness so it doesn't suddenly turn on at once. (Tries to keep a certain brightness at certain times)
- I can send "loff", "lon" or, "lauto" through XMPP to turn my lights off, on, or toggle the automatic mode mentioned above from anywhere. I am blocking internet connections from my smart light hub so I had to re-implement that manually
- Copying any YouTube links (or Invidious links, which get translated into YouTube) will automatically prompt me about opening them under MPV
This is where I do the bulk of my automation, as Tasker is a very convenient way to automate stuff.
- Toggle full brightness and/or auto rotation on specific apps (Gallery, NewPipe, etc.)
- A couple of Android "Share" targets for
- Uploading dumb images to https://ebc.li/dump/
- Adding links to Miniflux (abusing it's bookmarklet functionality)
- youtube-dl through Termux
- And some (mostly gimmicky) text-to-speech notifications for calls and XMPP messages
- Miniflux notifier over XMPP. My last attempt failed because Node-RED apparently doesn't reconnect over to XMPP when its connection drops :(