EDIT: This is an old thread that's fallen off many people's feeds. See a current version here.
Top level comments should fill in the blank with some sort of descriptor identifying a kind of book you would like suggestions for. Be as generic or specific as you want.
Replies can then recommend books to that individual.
Examples of what I'm thinking for top level posts, in case my description was unclear:
- Recommend me a book that will make me cry.
- Recommend me a book with a great twist.
- Recommend me a book that deals with loss.
- Recommend me a book about the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Recommend me a book with a main character in her 80s.
- Recommend me a book to help me learn PHP.