Here's a fresh new thread for book recommendations! The last thread from a year ago got bumped and saw some new top-level activity but few votes or responses on the new requests. I think it's probably not visible in a lot of people's feeds due to its age, and I was planning on rebooting it anyway, so here's a fresh topic we can use for new recommendations that will be visible to all.
Top level comments should fill in the blank with some sort of descriptor identifying a kind of book you would like suggestions for.
Replies can then recommend books to that individual.
Examples of what top level posts might be are below. Get as generic, specific, abstract, or out there as you want!
- Recommend me a book that will make me cry.
- Recommend me a book with a great twist.
- Recommend me a book that deals with loss.
- Recommend me a book about the fall of the Roman Empire.
- Recommend me a book with a main character in her 80s.
- Recommend me a book to help me learn PHP.
Thread reading tip: use the "collapse replies" button to see only top-level requests.