I've been working on the mobile version of password for a while now, mostly lending to the fact that much of the infrastructure of the game required expansion to accomodate for that. Plus, this...
I've been working on the mobile version of
password for a while now, mostly lending to the fact that much of the infrastructure of the game required expansion to accomodate for that. Plus, this sort of gameplay on mobile is a new territory for me, which makes it both worrisome and exciting.
Long story short, you can preview the mobile gameplay of
password with the same link:
Play the game.
The gameplay is different from the desktop version. Here, you have to tap the keys in the order of their number: 1, then 2, then 3, and so on until the last key. Tapping keys out of order (4, then 6) results in a foul, which takes away a bit of time. Tapping all keys in the correct order means you win the round and get awarded the score. Other instructions are on screen.
It is NOT the final version. It's playable but contains some visual bugs. I'm gonna work on fixing those in the coming weeks. Right now, I'm looking for feedback:
- How does the mobile gameplay feel?
- How does the sizing of the score looks?
- Are there any problems with swiping or tapping?
- How does the timer bar look on smaller screens? (Think smaller than iPhone X.)
- How does the timer look on devices that have a notch?
- Does it load the correct version at all? (If you're on a mobile device – smartphones and tablets – you should not see keyboard references. If you do, it didn't load the correct version of gameplay.)
Desktop gameplay has only received visual updates. You can still play it with the same link.
Let me know if you encounter issues. You can post here, or you can open an issue in the GitHub repo. If you do, make sure to provide what information you can on the issue, like what sort of a device you're using (maker, model, OS version, browser etc.): this helps figure out the problem easier and quicker.
I know of these issues so far, and am working on resolving them:
- after pressing the last key of the order (8 right now), the red border flashes, as if you've received a foul (you don't)
- score has to fully animate towards the final value before it resizes to fit the screen
- swiping distance may or may not be too short, so it may feel as though it doesn't register