I was inspired to make this thread after seeing the very interesting side-conversation going on here.
- Do you pirate media? If so, why? if not, why not?
- When, if ever, do you feel pirating something is ethical?
- Do you have a "code" that you follow for when it's right/not right to pirate something?
- In what ways is piracy damaging, and in what ways is it beneficial?
- If you used to pirate certain things and then stopped, what stopped you?
- If you used to pay for access to certain things and then went back to pirating them, why did you move back?
This is a very broad and deep topic with a lot of different avenues to explore (different types of media, different regions, archives, pre-release content, law, etc.), so I'm interested in seeing what Tildes thinks.